Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Xeffort issues

Neels
New Contributor II

With the latest compiler updates on the latest Windows 10 machines I get the following:

1. The main program does not start executing after closing the dialog box using the original lib,
  2. Recompiling Xeffort with the latest compiler it does now start the main program but,
  3. Now the Xmessagebox appears but has no text displayed nor any buttons or icons.

Are there other users of Xeffort that can help or maybe Steve can have a look?

0 Kudos
50 Replies
joerg_kuthe
Novice

Just a general comment regarding the function XMessageBox.
As far as I understand this function, there is no real need for it since there is the WIndows' MessageBox function (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/winuser/nf-winuser-messagebox), unless you want some of the special features XMessageBox supplies (your own icons, extra check box to turn off further displaying that message box, your own buttons).

0 Kudos
joerg_kuthe
Novice

Dear Lionel,

you mention "a couple of the sample Xeffort projects (tbtest and xgraph)". I finally found some samples here
http://www.xeffort.com/xeffort/samples/samples.htm
but unfortunately mostly uncomplete. Almost all of the projects (.zip) are missing. I found TbTest.zip, but this archive can't be unzipped.
Do you or someone else here in the forum can provide me with these samples, please?

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Joerg

0 Kudos
joerg_kuthe
Novice

I have to withdraw my recent post. I reloaded the Xeffort samples page again, and this time I got all the images (links were displayed as broken before) and the downloads.

0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

Joerg,

When using your routine with the update in:

!Dlgtemplate
iSize = SIZEOF(DT)/2
iDt(iPos:iPos+iSize-1) = TRANSFER(DT, i2, iSize)
!<qt2018-12-07#: it appears that the following PXPutInt2 overwrites the last
!                2 bytes of the previous copied DT
!#iPos = iPos+iSize-1
iPos = iPos+iSize
!>

I get an access error, I have to put the "-1" back and the (0:1) in the int4 function.

That is with the latest compiler.

0 Kudos
joerg_kuthe
Novice

I am pretty sure that the new position for writing the "menu array" [0,0] after transfering 2*iSize bytes from DT to iDT(:) is
iPos = iPos+iSize

Here is the code from above with real values:

iSize = 9
iDt(0:8) = TRANSFER(DT, i2, 9)
! now 9*2 =18 bytes are copied.
! next position to write to is
iPos = 0+9 = 9
!Menu/Class
iPos = PXPutInt2(iDt, iPos, (/0_2,0_2/))
! this essentially means: iDt(9:10) = (/0_2,0_2/))

You can check this in the debugger if you open a memory window and enter LOC(iDt) to watch the contents of iDT.
Then step through the statement and see what is changing in iDT.

I haven't installed IPS 2019 yet. Might be that there is indeed a compiler bug, but my experience is: Start searching for an error in the Fortran code first.

Hope this helps.

Joerg

0 Kudos
joerg_kuthe
Novice

Steve,
you are mentioning that you have tested using TbTest.
I have created a TbTest.exe using Xeffort.lib and .mod dated 2009-11-16 (I guess this v1.2.24-25) and this shows strange results when moving a floating toolbar around. Finally this ends up in TbTest not being operable anymore. See my screen shot.
Can you please let me know if your TbTest.exe shows the same behaviour?
Thank you.

Joerg

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III
No, my TbTest seems to work properly. I am using the same version you are.
0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

Compiled with 19.0.1.144 the first move with the floating toolbar works. The second time it is moved the menu bar disappears followed by the toolbar's disappearance. After that it is no longer operable.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Still works for me, in Debug and Release configuration. I dragged the toolbar around multiple times, selected other positions, selected Floating, dragged it some more. No problems. Interesting.

0 Kudos