Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

cannot choose IVF as default compiler in Visual Studio 2008

Mike896
Beginner
Hi,

I just install IVF 11.1.
In installation, I didn't successfully choose IVF as my default compiler in Visual Studio 2008.
How to do this now?
Currently, I cannot also find help in menu Help/Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Pro/Intel Visual Fortran Compiler.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Mike
0 Kudos
4 Replies
onkelhotte
New Contributor II
What do you mean with "Choose IVF as my default compiler"?

When you have an Fortran project, the Fortran compiler will be used automatically.

AFAIK the choice, what setting VS should use (C#, VB, C++...) when you first start VS, will not be affected by IVF. But this is only for keyboard shortcuts etc. and has nothing to do with the compiler.

Markus
0 Kudos
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
Quoting Mike896
In installation, I didn't successfully choose IVF as my default compiler in Visual Studio 2008.

By this do you mean that during the install proces you did NOT choose to integrate the Fortran compiler with VS2008 ? (This would also mean that the help was not integrated either)
If so,just run the installer again and choose to integrate into VS2008

Les

0 Kudos
Mike896
Beginner
Yes, I can start a fortran project.
However, I remember last time I used older version that the IVF help in Help menuwas on the top of Help. Now it is in the middle of Help. And, when I click it shows cannot find information.

Mike
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Mike,

You can also access the help from the Start Menu:

Start -> All Programs => Intel Software Development Tools => Intel Fortran Compiler X.X.XXX => Intel Visual Fortran Documentation

What version of the compiler are you using? if it is 11.1 before Update 3 you may be encountering this bug:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/fortran-documentation-not-available-from-help-menu-in-visual-studio-2008-shell/?wapkw=(fortran+help)

You can download a newer version from registrationcenter.intel.com

------

Wendy

Attaching or including files in a post

0 Kudos