Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

check Include path

Lamine06F
Novice

I have a serious problem. I have some bunch of module in my project. When I include them in my main program by the keyword 'USE', some modules failed.

You can look at the attached files to understand my problem. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

The other thing that is of notice is the file io.f90 (presumably the one with the module io), is being compiled after another file has a "use io".

This may be an indication of two issues:

1) You may have circular dependencies amongst your modules (A uses B, B uses C, C uses A)

2) as @TobiasK mentions, you have an error in the compilation of file io.f90

Jim Dempsey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RahulC_Intel

Hi Diallo, we are transferring this thread to the respective team for further help. Please refer to the link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Fortran-Compiler/bd-p/fortran-compiler and find your post under Intel® Fortran Compiler community.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Rarely, I have seen the Fortran build system in VS fail to recognize a dependency. The first thing I recommend is to do a Clean and then Rebuild of the project. If that doesn't work, create a new empty project and add the sources to it.

0 Kudos
TobiasK

@Lamine06F

In your pic2.png there is an error while compiling io.f90 at line 361. Probably your module fails to build.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

The other thing that is of notice is the file io.f90 (presumably the one with the module io), is being compiled after another file has a "use io".

This may be an indication of two issues:

1) You may have circular dependencies amongst your modules (A uses B, B uses C, C uses A)

2) as @TobiasK mentions, you have an error in the compilation of file io.f90

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
mfinnis
New Contributor II

The order of the errors listed in the Error List pane is difficult to relate to the order of compilation as shown in the build log. The build log will show where the errors have occured. What is clear is that one or more of the modules have failed to compile and subsequently the compilation of source files that use the modules fails with, among other errors, the "Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths." for any module that failed to compile. When you have many source files you can be swamped with error messages that may result from a single error. What you can do to prevent this is in Visual Studio, select Tools|Options then Intel Compilers and Libraries|IFORT Intel Fortran Classic and set Build Options|Continue On Errors False. This will cause the build process to halt on the first file that fails to compile.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor III

There is a useful output window that shows  the errors in the order they occur. 

0 Kudos