Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

clearing screen in console apps

hemlock
Beginner
A long way back, Steve L. of Compaq support sent me a library called SCREENIO.F90. It had all kinds of useful screen positioning and clearing commands. BUT THEY DON'T WORK IN WINDOWS 95. Is there a way to get them to work in Windows 95? None of the functions have any effect - nothing happens when they are called. Is there a setting I must make in Win95 or please tell me about other equivalent functions that will work in both Win2000, WinXP AND Windows 95.

Thank you very much!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
They don't work on W95 because of bugs in W95.

Steve
0 Kudos
hemlock
Beginner
Okay. thanks. I'm giving up on console and trying Standard Graphics for first time. When I build project I get nothing from wizard. So then I added all my old files and run program. How come I don't get a frame window? When it runs the whole screen is taken up by a black window with no frame, etc. and performance is very Very VERY slow. So how do you get frame window with child window? I want all cursor movement and screen I/O to go through child window - and not taking up space of entire computer screen.

thanks very much for your prompt reply yesterday.
0 Kudos