Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28506 Discussions

compile a 64bit program with CXX & Fortran codes

hupo1982
Beginner
We build 64bit program on Windows xp64 with CXX and Fortran codes, our project is a big one. We choose Microsoft Platform SDk for Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Intel Fortran 9.0 Compiler to do that. My OS is Windows xp64 SP2. We met many crashes which can't be repeated, somehow.Are there any problems about our compilter choose?
Another question, I compiled our program on a EM64T machine, and run it on a AMD64 machine(xp64 OS both), Does that result any unsteadiness?
Could you give me some suggestions about compile a 64bit program with CXX and Fortran codes?
Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Do you mean, is it difficult in general to deal with a mixed C++ and Fortran project? I would say difficult enough to justify up to date compilers.
I wouldn't think it advisable to use the /fast option if compiling on Intel and running on AMD; otherwise, there would be no advantage to compiling on the AMD machine, unless it is a faster one.
One clear handicap with the old compilers is the inability to use iso_c_binding, assuming you do mean C or C++.
0 Kudos