Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

compiling 32 bit sequentially on 64 OS

anand_b_
Beginner

I want to compile staticaly a 32 bit source code sequentially on 64 bit OS (Ubuntu 14.04) using ifort V-16 (parallel)

pl give the detailed command

anand

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

First, you need to make sure that the gcc 32-bit support is installed, as it is not by default on most 64-bit distributions. If you haven't done this, then the ifort install will warn you that no 32-bit support is provided. Once you have done that, reinstall and it should add the 32-bit support.

Then all you have to do is use the "ia32" parameter to the ifortvars.sh script rather than "intel64". For example:

source /opt/intel/ifortvars.sh ia32

Now just use the "ifort" command as usual.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

In a previous thread, OP said MPI was wanted, along with a current version of psxe which doesn't include 32-bit MPI.

There was also a lot of confusion about what OP meant by sequential, with the OP continually setting -parallel and -mkl=parallel.

0 Kudos
anand_b_
Beginner

thanks Steve and Tim

my laptop shows gcc installed. it is in root directory    usr/lib/gcc$  and has following files/ directory

aotcompile.py  classfile.py  i686-linux-gnu  x86_64-linux-gnu

how do i ensure that is 32- bit.  my laptop has ubuntu 14.04.

2.   if i make changes in bash file and replace intel64 by ia32,  then if i put ifort -v on terminal, then it says ifort not found..what should i do then

thanks

anand

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

I'd suggest testing to see that you can run a program compiled by g++ -m32.

When you installed ifort or parallel studio, if ia32 is enabled in the install options, the installer should complain if anything is missing in the g++ -m32 installation.  I guess now it will default to ia32 disabled if it doesn't see a full g++ -m32 installation.

If you installed originally without the ia32 option, you would need to run the psxe installer again, modify the installation, adding ia32 option.

0 Kudos