Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

debugger problems

lklawrie
Beginner
This may have been happening in update 8, for sure in update 9.

I'm trying to track line by line a problem in the debugger. it seems like if I do "run to cursor" over several lines it will go there, but if I use F10/skip to next, it will jump back to a new input line, new section.

Any ideas? I have optimization turned off, one of these routines is recursive but that's not where it is jumping to.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
I have experienced something similar where I am steppingthrough a routinepressing F10 it will sometimes behave as if I had pressed F5 and run to completion or tothe next break point, which often means I have to re-run the session :-(

Les
0 Kudos
John_B__Walter
Beginner
I've experienced this also in some instances. I haven't figured out exactly what sets those apart from the normal opperation.

I seem to remember that in some of these instances if I do a control-F10 to a little further in the code, that from that point I can use F10 to step through line by line. In other cases it still acts like F5. As you've noticed it's very frustrating.
0 Kudos