Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28500 Discussions

does not require explicit selection of the X64 component

mhovers
Beginner
On the "Intel Fortran Compiler for Windows*" page under Develop Applications for Systems with Intel EM64T or AMD* Opteron* Processors" the following is stated:
For development using the Visual Studio environment or the command line tools, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Standard edition or above, with Visual C++ and "X64 Compiler and Tools" components installed (Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition does not require explicit selection of the X64 component.) (9.1 only)
What does "does not require explicit selection of the X64 component" mean?
My system by default says is it building ia32, and will not allow me to select x64 even though it is installed. Does this mean that it will build x64 code by default?
thanks,
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It means, as I wrote in your other thread just now, that if you have the Standard Edition of VS2005, then you don't have to do anything special to get the x64 (EM64T/AMD64) support. For other editions, you do.
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
Off topic: Steve, does your reply made on 2:30 AM indicates that you're currently somewhere in Europe, or merely that your workaholism has reached unusually high levels? ;-)
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I could ask the same of you - your response shows as it being entered at 3:16AM... The times displayed are local times based on your forum setting for time zone. For me it shows my response as being made at 8:33PM. And no, I was not in the office at 8:30PM on a Saturday, I frequently access this forum from home.
0 Kudos
Jugoslav_Dujic
Valued Contributor II
My bad -- I thought the display was always in Eastern time (and, frankly, I forgot I ever entered the timezone in my profile, but I did).

When I'm not logged in though, the displayed posting time seems to be in Pacific time zone -- location of servers?
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Exactly.
0 Kudos