Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

error #10037 could not find 'link' VS 2015 Enterprise & parallel_studio_xe_2017_update2

Kurosh_M_
Beginner

So here is the story: I started by installing visual studio 2017 enterprise, when I found out that visual fortran cannot be integrated with that version. So while keeping this version, I installed visual studio 2015 enterprise and then "parallel_studio_xe_2017_update2". I have installed all C++ components while installing visual studio.

Then I tried a simple console project (Hello World) in visual studio and I get this error: " error #10037 could not find 'link' "

I rechecked visual studio installation and all visual C++ components (under programming languages) are already installed. Also in ifortvars.bat file I found this command: <if /i "%1"=="vs2015"       (set TARGET_VS=vs2015)> which I suppose has something to do with integration.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

In a Fortran command-line environment, with the current directory set to a writable one, do a:

set path > path.txt

and attach path.txt to a reply here. This will give us some clue as to what may be happening.  Please also copy and paste ALL of the text displayed from the time you open the command prompt window until you get the prompt.

0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II

(I think = should be >)

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Sorry, yes.... Will fix.

0 Kudos
Kurosh_M_
Beginner

Hi again, and thanks for your replies. Down I have attached the content of the txt file. However, the problem was solved by uninstalling VS 2017, VS 2015 and parallel_studio, and then installing VS 2015 and parallel_studio again (skipping VS 2017 for now!)

Thanks again for your help.

Here is the content of path.txt:

Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2017.2.187\windows\mpi\intel64\bin;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64_win\mpirt;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32_win\mpirt;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64_win\compiler;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32_win\compiler;
C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\130\Tools\Binn\;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Xoreax\IncrediBuild;
C:\Users\Me\.dnx\bin;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft DNX\Dnvm\;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\120\Tools\Binn\;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Windows Performance Toolkit\;
C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

We apologize for the installation issues you experienced. I'm glad to hear you resolved them. Just FYI, not suggesting you undo your working setup now. The PSXE 2017 Update 4 was just released which provides support for MSVS 2017 if/when your interested.

0 Kudos