Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

error #5102: Cannot open include file '(filename)'

Robert_Massey
Beginner

I'm using Intel Visual fortran Composer XE for Windows - Package ID w_fcompxe_2011.10.325 under Visual Studio 2010 Professional Version 10.0.30319.1 RTMRel.

I'm simply trying to compile and build a set of existing Fortran subroutines. I add the existing .f source files to theSource Files directory of the projectwithin Solution Explorer. These routines have many includes. Regardless of where I add the .inc files (whether to 'Source Files', 'Resource Files', or 'Header Files'), all of the INCLUDE statements return "error #5102: Cannot open include file '(file name)'."

Can anyone kindly shed light on what I might be doing wrong in the environment installation and configuration and/or fortran project build?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II
From MSVS Under Tools / Options / Intel Visual Fortran / Compilers are settings for the include folders. Has thefolder for your include files been added there?

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II
From MSVS Under Tools / Options / Intel Visual Fortran / Compilers are settings for the include folders. Has thefolder for your include files been added there?

David
0 Kudos
Robert_Massey
Beginner
Thank you David, I was able to set the correct paths based on your comment. -Robert

0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II
Robert,

Be aware that not of the settings for Include paths, etc, are saved when updating IVF. So if you make any changes there, copy all the folder details to a text file, so that you can restore them after an update.

It is a real pain, hopefully one day the Intel team can fixthe installer so it does not break this every time.

Regards,

David
0 Kudos
IanH
Honored Contributor II
If the include paths are specific to the project and not specific to a particular machine then the OP should consider placing them in the project settings (right click on the project, select Properties, then under Fortran > General set Additional Include Directories). Project settings survive Visual Studio upgrades and also travel with the project if it is moved to a different machine.
0 Kudos
Selo_Imrohoroglu
Beginner

I am trying to run Intel Composer XE 2013 SP1 (Fortran) (under MS Visual Studio 2010 and Parallels on Macbook Pro Mavericks). 

I followed the directions in https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries/ but still get the error #5102 cannot open include library .. message.

Any help is appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Suresh_A_
Beginner

I have the similar problem. I am trying the list the INCLUDE file source in my source as follows:

INCLUDE 'GEPARM.FOR/LIST" to include the common block list in the output list but it gives the following error.

Error    1     error #5102: Cannot open include file 'GEPARM.FOR/LIST'    G:\oms-Development\Version-VB6\Interfaces\omsLPIntf\Source\Fortran\omsLPIntfDll\GEINTF.FOR    56    

But if remove /LIST option, it compiles OK but does not list the source for include file.

What am I doing wrong here ?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

/LIST in an INCLUDE file specification is a VMS feature. To get it to be supported in Intel Fortran, enable the VMS option under Fortran > Compatibility - but be aware of the other things that changes. Of course, you won't see anything unless you also generate a source listing file.

0 Kudos
Suresh_A_
Beginner

Thanks Steve. It worked

0 Kudos