Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

error #5102

Laura_S_2
Beginner

Dear Users,

I've followed the instructions to add the IMSL Library to Visual Studio but I still cannot build my code. I have Visual Studio 2005 and I am facing the (aparently famous) error "error #5102: Cannot open include file 'link_fnl_static.h".

My Libraries:
$(IFortInstallDir)lib\ia32
$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\lib
$(VCInstallDir)lib
$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\lib
$(FrameworkSDKDir)lib
$(FNL_DIR)\IA32\lib

My Includes
$(IFortInstallDir)include
$(IFortInstallDir)include\ia32
$(VCInstallDir)atlmfc\include
$(VCInstallDir)include
$(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\include
$(FrameworkSDKDir)include
$(FNL_DIR)\IA32\include\dll

My Command Line (part of it)
INCLUDE 'link_fnl_static.h'
!DEC$ OBJCOMMENT LIB:'libiomp5md.lib'

My Output
1>------ Build started: Project: teste, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling with Intel(R) Fortran 11.0.061 [IA-32]...
1>main.f90
1>C:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\teste\teste\main.f90(11): error #5102: Cannot open include file 'link_fnl_static.h'
1>compilation aborted for C:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\teste\teste\main.f90 (code 1)
1>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
1>$(FNL_DIR)
1>
1>Build log written to  "file://C:\Users\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\teste\teste\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>teste - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Any thoughts? 

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Check the value of %FNL_DIR%, and check if the directory %FNL_DIR%\IA32\lib contains the include file in question.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

The instructions you read are for a more recent version than the one you're using. Assuming that you are licensed for the product with IMSL and that you have IMSL installed, it's probably easiest to substitute the full path to the folder containing the .h file. (And the same for the libraries.)

0 Kudos
Laura_S_2
Beginner

Thank you, mecej4. Thank you, Steve Lionel (Intel). Yes, I am licensed and I have the IMSL installed on my machine too.

I reinstalled everything and now it is working. 

0 Kudos