Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths.

Hayen__Jeffrey
Beginner

I am in the process of converting the COMMON block structure to MODULE structure within a F95 program.  There are about 60 COMMON blocks to convert, but I am beginning slowly.  The program consists of 6 separate source (I prefer fixed form) files:

DUALPRS.for,  DRIVE_S.for,  DRIVE_F.for,  DRIVE_O.for,  PROPSET.for,  UTILSET.for

It has been thoroughly tested in the past and works perfectly.  I am starting out by removing two of the COMMON blocks and replacing them with two MODULES (TFLOGIC and NDST_S), both of which are contained in a new source file:

MODULES_D.for

which resides in the same directory as the original 6 files and definitely has been added to the project.

When I rebuild the single-project solution, I get the following output (please ignore the warning messages concerning output format):

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: DUALPRS_Develop, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'DUALPRS_Develop', configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
1>Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.1.5.344 [IA-32]...
1>PROPSET.for
1>DRIVE_O.for
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DRIVE_O.for(373): remark #7000: Two-digit year return value may cause problems with the year 2000.  Use DATE_AND_TIME instead   [DATE]
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DRIVE_O.for(937): remark #8290: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+3'.
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DRIVE_O.for(938): remark #8290: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+3'.
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DRIVE_O.for(938): remark #8290: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+3'.
1>UTILSET.for
1>DRIVE_F.for
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DRIVE_F.for(373): remark #7000: Two-digit year return value may cause problems with the year 2000.  Use DATE_AND_TIME instead   [DATE]
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DRIVE_F.for(937): remark #8290: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+3'.
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DRIVE_F.for(938): remark #8290: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+3'.
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DRIVE_F.for(938): remark #8290: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+3'.
1>MODULES_D.for
1>DUALPRS.for
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DUALPRS.for(15): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [MODULETFLOGIC]
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DUALPRS.for(17): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [MODULENDST_S]
1>C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DUALPRS.for(160): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [MODULETFLOGIC]
1>compilation aborted for C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DUALPRS.for (code 1)
1>
1>Build log written to  "file://C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DUALPRS_Develop\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>DUALPRS_Develop - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

So the issue seems to be centered upon the IVF compiler being unable to locate the .mod files for the two new modules (TFLOGIC and NDST_S).

When I check the folder C:\Users\Jeffrey\Desktop\DUALPRS Develop\DUALPRS_Develop\Debug, they are there!  However, I did not see any .obj files associated with these modules.

I even tried to explicitly specify the an Additional Include Path (as above) in the IVF Project Settings:

Properties>Configuration Properties>Fortran>General>Additional Include Directories

Furthermore, I even tried to embed the source code directly within the first source file in which procedures USEd the modules, but the same aborted compilation effort results.

My sense is that there is some simple cause which I am overlooking ... I respectfully bow before the IVF masters, waiting for instructions concerning how to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IanH
Honored Contributor II

Based on the compiler error, it looks like the prefix MODULE has been added to the names of the module in the use statement that references the module.  That is, instead of `USE NDST_S`, the source code that references the modules has something like `USE MODULE NDST_S` (because fixed form is in use, spaces will not be significant).

0 Kudos
Hayen__Jeffrey
Beginner

Absolutely correct ... Thoroughly embarrassed, but greatly relieved ... It is amazing how those blind spots can trip you up.

Thank you, IanH.

0 Kudos