Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

error in building several fortran files in Xcode 9.0 with Intel fortran 2019 on Mac

gao__zhiming
Beginner

I install the intel fortran complier 2019 on Xcode 9.0  on Mojave.  When I simply write a simple hello fortran program (a single .f90 file), it can build and run successfully.   But when I use a new project containing several module f90 source files, I can not build. Maybe the following error:

(1) error @7002 error in opening the complied module file. Check INCLUDE paths.

(2) Command /usr/local/bin/ifort-19 failed with exit code 2

In my opinion, the system can not recognize the build order of the module f90 files,  since in Windows 10, it can run successfully and the building order of module files is correct. But on Xcode on Mac, it occurs error.  Maybe some else should be specified in the settings on Xcode ?

I need help, thanks very much !S

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Barbara_P_Intel

Perhaps this thread will help you. Scroll down to Kevin D's comment.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You are correct - Xcode does not allow the Fortran build to honor module dependencies. Apple has steadfastly refused to provide this capability to Intel. You'll need to build outside of Xcode using makefiles or other scripts.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Perhaps this thread will help you. Scroll down to Kevin D's comment.

0 Kudos
gao__zhiming
Beginner

Thanks for all ! I have solved this by the above suggestion !  but another problem occurs.

When opening a file with the filename containing the path such as "/data", I can build and run it on Windows system and command line run on Mac. but it does not work on Xcode on Mac.  I must change the path to be the absolute path such as "/Users/jack/Documents/codesfile/data", it can run on Xcode.  How can I solve this problem ? It has a good definition for the filename and file path for opening a new file on Xcode ???  Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You asked this also in https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/801496

0 Kudos