Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

error while loading shared libraries: libifport.so.5:

Anacé
Beginner

I make use of parallel_studio_xe_2020_cluster_edition.
I'm compiling a code in fortran 90 and after an update on my system I couldn't run it anymore, the following message appears: error while loading shared libraries: libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I found the path to the library and put it in the terminal:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/ opt / intel / compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166 / linux / compiler / lib / intel64_lin / libifport.so"

After that I put the path in bashrc:
opened gedit ~ .bashrc
I put the path
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/ opt / intel / compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166 / linux / compiler / lib / intel64_lin / libifport.so"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = "/ opt / intel / compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166 / linux / compiler / lib / intel64_lin / libifport.so.5"
I saved and closed it.
At the terminal I gave this command
source .bashrc

In a suggestion I received, it was said that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is being defined incorrectly. It must be defined in the directory containing Intel's shared libraries for the chosen target architecture, and not in any individual shared libraries.

I did not understand how to define correctly.

Anyway, it's not working.

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

The current value contians the name of a library - leave that out:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020.0.166/linux/compiler/lib/intel64_lin

This environment variable is akin to PATH: both are lists of one or more directory (path) names, separated by a colon (:).

In general, though, the file "ifort_vars.sh" should handle such details. Invoke it as:

. /opt/intel/bin/ifort_vars.sh ...  (an argument is required: ia32 or intel64 to select the architecture)

Or use:

module load intel/...your version...