Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

error #

House_C_
Beginner

Hi, 

I'm new to Fortran. Currently I'm trying to understand a code shared by some published work. While I construct a new project. The Build log returns error on the main file:

1>E:\replication\maindelta.f90(12): error #5102: Cannot open include file 'link_fnl_static_hpc.h'
1>E:\replication\maindelta.f90(8): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [BETA_INT]
1>E:\replication\maindelta.f90(94): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [D_BETA]
1>compilation aborted for E:\replication\maindelta.f90 (code 1)

I have several clarifying question:

1. I cannot find module file  [BETA_INT] in the category, so this means that the whole system is incomplete. Or is it available in IVF and does not need to be speficied.

2.  To include 'link_fnl_static_hpc.h', do we need to install IMSL? I have the licence for ""Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Windows*. Does it mean that LMSL can be called in my case? I follow instruction https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-and-using-the-imsl-libraries and I still failed to include  'link_fnl_static_hpc.h' or  'link_fnl_static.h'.

I would appreciate if anyone could help. 

Best regards,

House

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

You may need to read some of the past advice about IMSL on this forum, e.g.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/624542

where it is suggested you use another of the link_fnl include files.

It is to be expected that any explicit reference to a component of IMSL does require that IMSL be installed, and it seems possible that references to past versions of IMSL may need to be updated.  I have never owned an IMSL version of ifort, so can only refer you to such suggestions.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

IMSL is an optional add-on to Intel Fortran, and there are additional license fees to be paid for installing and using it. The terms of the IMSL license are published separately from that for Intel Fortran. IMSL is not included in Parallel Studio or Fortran Composer unless you explicitly specified (and paid for) it. You may buy IMSL from Intel, Roguewave, or another vendor.

If you have IMSL installed, you should find one or more of the environment variables FNL_DIR, FNL_VERSION set on your computer.

When creating a new Fortran project in Visual Studio that uses IMSL, you have to select a box in the settings to specify that IMSL is required.

0 Kudos
House_C_
Beginner

mecej4 wrote:

IMSL is an optional add-on to Intel Fortran, and there are additional license fees to be paid for installing and using it. The terms of the IMSL license are published separately from that for Intel Fortran. IMSL is not included in Parallel Studio or Fortran Composer unless you explicitly specified (and paid for) it. You may buy IMSL from Intel, Roguewave, or another vendor.

If you have IMSL installed, you should find one or more of the environment variables FNL_DIR, FNL_VERSION set on your computer.

When creating a new Fortran project in Visual Studio that uses IMSL, you have to select a box in the settings that IMSL is required.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
House_C_
Beginner

Tim P. wrote:

You may need to read some of the past advice about IMSL on this forum, e.g.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-fo...

where it is suggested you use another of the link_fnl include files.

It is to be expected that any explicit reference to a component of IMSL does require that IMSL be installed, and it seems possible that references to past versions of IMSL may need to be updated.  I have never owned an IMSL version of ifort, so can only refer you to such suggestions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos