Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28523 Discussions

fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

ryan_gregory
Beginner
I have a mixed language Fortran project containing one C project. It works just fine in Visual Studio 2008. But, I recreated the projects for VS 2005 and I get the error (fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module) on my debug build.

The release config builds just fine. Turning debugging to none under the Fortran section of the project settings does allow the debug config to build, but that obviously defeats the purpose.

I have VS 2005, 2008, and the Intel Fortran Compiler all on the same machine. Could there be an issue with having both Studios installed?? Any ideas?

BTW my 2005 has SP2 installed
Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Professional 11.1.046

Thanks,
Ryan
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Hi Ryan,

I work with Steve, and had a thought about your error. Are you linking in some objects compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (perhaps in a library)? If so you may be encountering the following issue from Microsoft which has a hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949009/

Wendy Doerner
Intel Developer Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Delete the entire Debug subfolder and rebuild.
0 Kudos
ryan_gregory
Beginner
Delete the entire Debug subfolder and rebuild.
Thanks for the response. I have tried that, but it did not work.
Cannot decide what it could be.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Did you delete both Debug folders, for the C and Fortran projects? I'm guessing you still have some VS08 objects or PDB files in there.
0 Kudos
ryan_gregory
Beginner
Did you delete both Debug folders, for the C and Fortran projects? I'm guessing you still have some VS08 objects or PDB files in there.

Hi,
I deleted everything. I actually created a new directory, and new projects. Yet, I get this error. I am going to try on another machine in the meantime, but any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Ryan
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Hi Ryan,

I work with Steve, and had a thought about your error. Are you linking in some objects compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (perhaps in a library)? If so you may be encountering the following issue from Microsoft which has a hotfix:

Wendy Doerner
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
ryan_gregory
Beginner
Hi Ryan,

Wendy Doerner
Intel Developer Support

Hi Wendy,
Close enough for government work!. I have SP2 for VS 2005, and MS claims it only affects SP1. But, this got the problem solved.

I have since created new projects for the remaining C library that I did not realize was built on VS 2008, and everything works with VS 2005 and the Intel Compiler.

Thanks!
Ryan
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I thought you said you deleted all of the objects from the 2008 build? Glad to hear that Wendy got you going again.
0 Kudos