Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

fpp output with -P switch

tracyx
New Contributor I
The documentation says that if I use the -P switch it will supress the generation of:

#line_number file_name

in the processed source file.

This does not appear to work.

However, -EP does work as expected. So as a work around i am doing ifort -EP input.f90 > output.f90
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee
I expect you might have a pre-11.x revision butin the 11.1docs, -Pequates to -preprocess-only which now correctly states the operation of the option.

To accomplish what you want, compile with both: ifort -EP -P -fpp file.f90 (this generates the .i90 sans the # indicators).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee
I expect you might have a pre-11.x revision butin the 11.1docs, -Pequates to -preprocess-only which now correctly states the operation of the option.

To accomplish what you want, compile with both: ifort -EP -P -fpp file.f90 (this generates the .i90 sans the # indicators).
0 Kudos
tracyx
New Contributor I
I expect you might have a pre-11.x revision butin the 11.1docs, -P equates to -preprocess-only which now correctly states the operation of the option.

Thank you for clarifying this.
0 Kudos