Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28520 Discussions

how to uninstall Fortran Composer XE 12 ?

paulga
Beginner
Hi
I installed the package IntelFortran Composer XE 2011 for Linux(it contains two parts: IntelFortran Compiler, IntelMath Kernel Library) on fedora12. With this installation I have only 1.7G left on my root partition. (the package was installed to /opt/intel in the default way)
Since I want to install C++ compiler too and the packageIntel Parallel Studio XE 2011 for Linux seems an ideal solution, so I downloaded it and prepared another 5G partition for its installation.
However when I tried to change the installation path, it says the installationpath cannot be changed since a component of the product is detected on this machine, which should refer to package already installed. If I do not change the installation path, I do not have enough room to install this Parallel Studio. If I could uninstall the previously installed package, I could install all packages in the new 5G partition. But, I did not find 'uninstall.sh', as described in this article
the uninstall.sh might be provided with the downloaded package maybe I just did not find it.I am really stuck here.
can someone show me how to uninstall the package?
Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
paulga
Beginner
found already the uninstall.sh is in install-dir/composer_xe_2011_sp1.10.319/

0 Kudos