Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28551 Discussions

icpc: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 3)

StephenCurry
Beginner

hi!

I have tried again to build a project using the Intel(R) 64, Version 2021.7.0 . And I get the following error:

ifort -o fds_impi_intel_win /Qipo /O2 /I"" /wrap-margin- -fpp -DGITHASH_PP=\"FDS6.7.8-2096-gb6c6085-master\" -DGITDATE_PP=\""Mon Apr 3 16:57:33 2023 -0400\"" -DBUILDDATE_PP=\""2023/04/25 周二 17:12\"" -DCOMPVER_PP=\""Intel ifort 2021.7.0"\" -DWITH_MKL /I"D:\me\base\mkl\latest"\include /F1000000000 prec.obj cons.obj prop.obj devc.obj type.obj data.obj mesh.obj func.obj gsmv.obj smvv.obj rcal.obj turb.obj soot.obj pois.obj geom.obj ccib.obj radi.obj part.obj vege.obj ctrl.obj hvac.obj mass.obj wall.obj fire.obj velo.obj pres.obj init.obj dump.obj read.obj divg.obj main.obj "\impi.lib" "D:\me\base\mkl\latest"\lib\intel64\mkl_intel_lp64.lib "D:\me\base\mkl\latest"\lib\intel64\mkl_sequential.lib "D:\me\base\mkl\latest"\lib\intel64\mkl_core.lib "D:\me\base\mkl\latest"\lib\intel64\mkl_blacs_intelmpi_lp64.lib
Intel(R) Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler Classic for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 2021.7.0 Build 20220726_000000
Copyright (C) 1985-2022 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.

** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.
** Segmentation violation signal raised. **
Access violation or stack overflow. Please contact Intel Support for assistance.

Severe: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

** The compiler has encountered an unexpected problem.
** Segmentation violation signal raised. **
Access violation or stack overflow. Please contact Intel Support for assistance.

Severe: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.

ifort: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 3)
make: *** [impi_intel_win] error3

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ron_Green

If you can zip up the project, we can take a look.   If you have Priority Support open a issue with Online Service Center that is part of your support.

If you don't have support, we'd need the sources and build details.

You can try removing /Qipo.  That seems to be where the error is occurring.  Were all the objs and libs built with ifort 2022.x or 2023.x?

that's about all we can say without the project.

OH wait - one of your Defines has non-English characters.  This compiler does not allow Unicode.  All paths, names, arguments to linker and compiler must be English characters.

0 Kudos