Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort 11.1 license error

limh
Beginner
I tried to install intel fortran compiler on a Fedora11 intel E7400 Duo system. After I set up license file I got from intel's email, there is still something wrong with flexlm license check:

[root@localhost /]# source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ifortvars.sh ia32
[root@localhost /]# export INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=opt/intel/licenses/*.lic
[root@localhost /]# ifort -v

Error: A license for FCompL could not be obtained (-1,359,2).

Is your license file in the right location and readable?
The location of your license file should be specified via
the $INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.

License file(s) used were (in this order):
1. Trusted Storage
2. opt/intel/licenses/*.lic
3. /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/046/Licenses
4. /root/intel/licenses
5. /opt/intel/licenses/*.lic
6. /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses

Please visit http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/support.htm if you require technical
assistance.

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license

All help is welcome!!Thanks!!
Best regards, limh
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - limh

[root@localhost /]# source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.0/074/bin/ifortvars.sh ia32
[root@localhost /]# export INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=opt/intel/licenses/*.lic
[root@localhost /]# ifort -v

Error: A license for FCompL could not be obtained (-1,359,2).

The compiler should look for a license file in /opt/intel/licenses/, if you don't over-ride by setting INTEL_LICENSE_FILE. If you do set that environment variable, I believe it must show the full specific path of your license file.
0 Kudos
limh
Beginner
I did set the enviromental variable with "export ..." , but I will give a another try, thanks!!
0 Kudos
limh
Beginner
Thanks!!!!

Yes , the error occured because I didn't give the full path of the license file.The full path is /opt/intel/licenses/licenses

This is the tricky point : the full path of a specific file in Linux is not so easily identified as in Windows. Here is a way to solve it : if you want to know the full path of a file, first look for it in the file browser, then drag it to the terminal window with your mouse. The full path of the wanted file would be shown in the terminal window . I used this method to solve this problem.
0 Kudos
limh
Beginner

But I stumped into a new question:
I have to redo the "source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/046/bin/ifortvars.sh ia32" and "export INTEL_LICENCE_PATH=/opt/intel/licenses/licenses" everytime I restartthe terminal window, or it would report that no "ifort" commandare found

The Installation Guide(http://www.intel.com/software/products/compilers/docs/fmac/INSTALL.htm)
says that "Thecompiler installation program creates compiler environment script files (ifortvars.sh/idbvars.sh) that set these variables. It is strongly recommended that you add those script files into your login script (.login file). Once the variables are set in the ".login" file there is no need to run the script files for each session..."
I locate the csh.login( not .login) in the /etc/... directory and open it , the content is :

# /etc/csh.login

# System wide environment and startup programs, for login setup

if ($?PATH) then
if ( "${path}" !~ */usr/X11R6/bin* ) then
setenv PATH "${PATH}:/usr/X11R6/bin"
endif
else
if ( $uid == 0 ) then
setenv PATH "/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin"
else
setenv PATH "/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin"
endif
endif

setenv HOSTNAME `/bin/hostname`
set history=1000

if ( -d /etc/profile.d ) then
set nonomatch
foreach i ( /etc/profile.d/*.csh )
if ( -r $i ) then
if ($?prompt) then
source $i
else
source $i >& /dev/null
endif
endif
end
unset i nonomatch
endif

The question is : I don't know how to add those compiler environment script files (ifortvars.sh/idbvars.sh)intothe login script, anyone could help me ? Thanks !!!!
Best regards, a novice limh

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

The reference to .login in the 10.1 documentation that you referred is dated andwas removed from the 11.x version of the Installation/Readme document.

To setup your personal environment correctly so the ifort compiler is available each time you login or open a new terminal window you should make the change to the .bashrc file in your HOME directory. I would avoid trying to make a general user-wide change to any file under /etc.

To setup your personal environment just add the line you referenced (shown below) at the end of the .bashrc file in your HOME directory.

source /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/046/bin/ifortvars.sh ia32

Keep in mind, this command line must be changed each time you install a new ifort compiler to ensure the correct compiler setup script is used.
0 Kudos