Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort 19.3 crashes

Karanta__Antti
New Contributor I

Please find attached a minimal sample that makes ifort 19.3 crash.

Here's info about the compiler version used:

Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 19.0.3.203 Build 20190206

Like the comment on top of the file states, the command line to use to reproduce the crash is 

ifort /stand /recursive ad_process_unit_test_function.f90

And this is the error message:

gem__lo_decode_locator: locator line sequence number out of rangead_process_unit_test_function.f90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: abort signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for ad_process_unit_test_function.f90 (code 1)

I do understand that getting this fixed in the compiler and the fixed version released may take a while. Thus, any suggestions on workarounds would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The source as you provide it doesn't have an interface for GET_SUBSYSTEM_NAME, so it generates additional errors (plus the ICE). If I add an interface for that function, the ICE goes away. Obviously the ICE is still a compiler bug, and I would encourage you to submit the original source at the Intel Online Service Center, but you asked for a workaround. Maybe this won't work in your original source, but it's a clue as to where the compiler is getting tripped up.

0 Kudos
Karanta__Antti
New Contributor I

Ok, I submitted the full source file in a service request. The ticket number is 04159736

I marked the priority as low, as I can work around the problem by turning off standards checking for that particular source file. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos