Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

install: JRE problems

mrentropy1
Beginner
OK I've installed Intel Fortran on a gazillion systems. Today, brand spankin' new fresh Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit install, tried to install Intel Fortran.

Problem? Doesn't find the Java JRE:

[plain]Step no: 4 of 7 | Installation configuration - Missing Optional Pre-requisite
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This system does not appear to have a Java* JRE version 5.0 (also referred to as
1.5.0) installed.  This may prevent operation of the Intel Debugger GUI.  For
further details, please refer to the System Requirement section of the product
Release Notes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/plain]
OK, er, I HAVE Java JRE version 5.0 (aka 1.5.0):
[plain]me@mymachine$ java -showversion
java version "1.5.0_19"
Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_19-b02)
[/plain]
I give up. After several hours, installing about 6 different versions of JRE, the installer is not to be appeased.

Thoughts?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
Quoting - mrentropy
OK I've installed Intel Fortran on a gazillion systems. Today, brand spankin' new fresh Ubuntu 9.04 64 bit install, tried to install Intel Fortran.

Problem? Doesn't find the Java JRE:

[plain]Step no: 4 of 7 | Installation configuration - Missing Optional Pre-requisite
This system does not appear to have a Java* JRE version 5.0 (also referred to as
1.5.0) installed.  This may prevent operation of the Intel Debugger GUI.  For
further details, please refer to the System Requirement section of the product
Release Notes.
[/plain]
OK, er, I HAVE Java JRE version 5.0 (aka 1.5.0):
[plain]me@mymachine$ java -showversion
java version "1.5.0_19"
Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_19-b02)
[/plain]
I give up. After several hours, installing about 6 different versions of JRE, the installer is not to be appeased.

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee
There is a known issue with the installer which may issue a warning even if a working and supported JRE is on the system. You can safely ignore this warning als long as you have a Java JRE 1.5 (also known as 5.0) or later on your system. The JRE is only required if you use the GUI version of the Intel IDB Debugger.
Hubert.

0 Kudos
mrentropy1
Beginner
There is a known issue with the installer which may issue a warning even if a working and supported JRE is on the system. You can safely ignore this warning als long as you have a Java JRE 1.5 (also known as 5.0) or later on your system. The JRE is only required if you use the GUI version of the Intel IDB Debugger.
Hubert.

Cool. Thanks!
0 Kudos