Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28457 Discussions

installations of IVF 64bit with Microsoft Visual Studio already installed

Mike896
Beginner
Hi,

I have Visual Studio 2010 installed on Windows 7 64bit.
I've downloaded following files:

1. Intel Visual Fortran for Intel 64 (for customers who have Microsoft Visual Studio* already installed)

2. Redistributable Libraries for IA-64

3. IMSL* Library for IA-64

I'ved downloaded these by using "Start download with a download manager".
I've successfully installed the third and the second. However, when installing the first one, I am very curious about the installations options in the dialog box, since I've already installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 in my PC. Should I choose (1) Do not intall ... or (2) Continue installing?

Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance.

Mike

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Several problems here.

#1 - you are installing Intel Fortran 11.1, which does not support VS2010. If you want VS2010 support, you need Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011. Alternatively, download the largest compiler package which includes a Visual Studio 2008-based Fortran development environment.

#2 - You should not install redistributable libraries on a system that will also have the compiler installed

#3 - You don't want "IA-64" - that is for Intel Itanium processors. Make sure you select "Intel 64" downloads.

I suggest you uninstall IMSL and the redistributable libraries. Then either download the full 11.1 installer or, preferably, download Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2011 if your support license is still current.
0 Kudos
Mike896
Beginner
Hi, Steve

Thank you very much for your help.
It works.

Mike
0 Kudos