Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28472 Discussions

launching the fortran compiler not possible

Wilko_H_
Beginner

Dear Service Team,

I have installed the parallel studio xe 2015 cluster version (30 days free). The installation was complete and sucessfull.

But I dont find any .exe file in installation folder for launching neither the fortran compiler nor the parallel studio in general.

When i do via the Start menu and the list of all programs, i can find a button for the "fortran compiler XE 15.0", but it just opens a bowser tab with the following link: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Intel/Composer%20XE%202015/Documentation/en_US/startup_common_w.htm

Do you know, how I can launch the fortran compiler or the parallel studio XE 2015?

For any help I would be very thankful,

Wilko

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Since you installed an evaluation version, you would need to have separately installed Microsoft Visual Studio. Did you do that?

The product install creates one or more shortcuts for a command prompt environment under Intel Parallel Studio XE 2015 > Compilers and Performance Libraries > Command Prompt with Intel Compiler XE 15.0. For Visual Studio, you can just open Visual Studio using the Microsoft shortcut.

0 Kudos