Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
26844 Discussions

libifport.so.5: : cannot open shared object file

Jiwon_O_
Beginner

Hello, I'm Jiwon from Repulic of Korea.

I've got the error message as follows, 

./prep_chem_sources_RADM_WRF_FIM_.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked the library and it figured out 

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH 
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/compiler/lib/intel64

Also, there was 'libifport.so.5' in that path.

So I loaded right path for libifport.so.5 and intel compiler, but why the program cannot find the file?

Is there anybody to help me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

Can you source the compiler environment setup script before running the program?

$source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

Using command "ldd ./prep_chem_sources_RADM_WRF_FIM_.exe" you can print out the reference to all needed dynamic libraries and their path's.

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

G___Albert
Beginner

Hi, an os error uccured when using binder: OSError: libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Anyone knows a pypi or anaconda package that supports intel's libifport.so.5 (instead of installing intel's software to support that) so a repeated result can be shown in public easily? P.S., it's Ubuntu. Thx.

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

You can download Intel's redistributables package here.

G___Albert
Beginner

Hey Dr Lionel,

Thx for your reply!

However, it's a software installer. What I try to find is a package, like numpy (https://anaconda.org/anaconda/numpy), that i can directly download in a command line via anaconda's conda command or via Python Package Index (pypi) command (pip install).

I prefer the later one because it's portable. Detailedly, it's easier to use a hub like binder (https://mybinder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/config_files.html#environment-yml-install-a-python-environment). 

If not, do you know any python package (numpy, scipy, mkl. matplot, ...) that contains a compiled Fortran compiler?

Best,

Albert

Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

I don't know of such an installer, but rereading your first message makes me think that isn't the problem. I am not a Linux expert, but it was my understanding that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is what is used to find shared objects. The first thing I would suggest is "source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh" to let the script add the proper location to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and see if that lets the program run. If it does, then examine the value it set to see what you should use. Remember that LD_LIBRARY_PATH wants a colon-separated list of directories.