Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28385 Discussions

libifport.so.5: : cannot open shared object file

Jiwon_O_
Beginner

Hello, I'm Jiwon from Repulic of Korea.

I've got the error message as follows, 

./prep_chem_sources_RADM_WRF_FIM_.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked the library and it figured out 

echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH 
/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/compiler/lib/intel64

Also, there was 'libifport.so.5' in that path.

So I loaded right path for libifport.so.5 and intel compiler, but why the program cannot find the file?

Is there anybody to help me?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xiaoping_D_Intel
Employee

Can you source the compiler environment setup script before running the program?

$source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.1.133/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

Using command "ldd ./prep_chem_sources_RADM_WRF_FIM_.exe" you can print out the reference to all needed dynamic libraries and their path's.

Thanks,

Xiaoping Duan

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
G___Albert
Beginner

Hi, an os error uccured when using binder: OSError: libifport.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Anyone knows a pypi or anaconda package that supports intel's libifport.so.5 (instead of installing intel's software to support that) so a repeated result can be shown in public easily? P.S., it's Ubuntu. Thx.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You can download Intel's redistributables package here.

0 Kudos
G___Albert
Beginner

Hey Dr Lionel,

Thx for your reply!

However, it's a software installer. What I try to find is a package, like numpy (https://anaconda.org/anaconda/numpy), that i can directly download in a command line via anaconda's conda command or via Python Package Index (pypi) command (pip install).

I prefer the later one because it's portable. Detailedly, it's easier to use a hub like binder (https://mybinder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/config_files.html#environment-yml-install-a-python-environment). 

If not, do you know any python package (numpy, scipy, mkl. matplot, ...) that contains a compiled Fortran compiler?

Best,

Albert

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I don't know of such an installer, but rereading your first message makes me think that isn't the problem. I am not a Linux expert, but it was my understanding that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is what is used to find shared objects. The first thing I would suggest is "source /opt/intel/bin/ifortvars.sh" to let the script add the proper location to LD_LIBRARY_PATH and see if that lets the program run. If it does, then examine the value it set to see what you should use. Remember that LD_LIBRARY_PATH wants a colon-separated list of directories.

0 Kudos