Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28525 Discussions

more (catastrophic) internal compiler errors when initializing derived types

joseph_battelle
Beginner
Couple more ICE's related to structure constructors. This time the base type is not empty but the empty structure constructor relies on default init of both base and derived type. Also on a typo I came up with a separate "catastrophic" error that should be a syntax error instead. See vd2.
Compiling with Intel Visual Fortran 11.1.065 [IA-32]...
[fortran]module M6
    type :: b
        integer :: i=0
    end type b

type, extends(b) :: d
        integer :: n=0
    end type d

contains

subroutine foo ()
    type(d) :: vd1 = d() !fortcom: Fatal: There has been an internal compiler error (C0000005)
    type(d) :: vd2 = d(b=5) !catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort**
!---------------------^
    type(d) :: vd3 = d(5) !OK
    type(d) :: vd4 = d(b=b(5), 5) !OK
    type(d) :: vd5 = d(b()) !OK
    end subroutine foo    

end module M6[/fortran]
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Joseph,

I'm sorry to see you encountering so many issues - we do appreciate your bringing them to our attention so that they can be fixed. I have escalated this one as issue DPD200157328.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Joseph,

I'm sorry to see you encountering so many issues - we do appreciate your bringing them to our attention so that they can be fixed. I have escalated this one as issue DPD200157328.
0 Kudos
joseph_battelle
Beginner
Thanks. I don't mind at all. I'm excited to see you get closer to full F2003 support in your next major release. As long as you guys keep inching towards eventual support of the full standard I'll continue to report issues I come across.
-joe
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I expect this issue to be fixed in our November release.
0 Kudos