Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

parallel studio xe 2020 composer edition and visual studio 2020 16.6.5

mirko_h_
Novice

Hello!

I have installed the latest VS 2019 update (16.6.5) today, since them Intel Fortran do not work anymore (the whole integration into VS 2019 is gone).

I have tried to repair my existing Fortran installation, but without luck:

'Incomplete installation of Microsoft Visual Studio* 2019 is detected. Repair can continue;  ...'

Any Ideas how to bring back the Fortran integration?

best regards 

mirko

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mirko_h_
Novice

Hello.

some pleasant news,

after executing the script from above (in a 'Command Prompt with Intel Compiler ..'; administrator rights required) and some restarts, the initial error-message ''Incomplete installation of ..' vanished, and I was able to install the latest update from Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 (update 2).

Everything is working fine now (again).

best regards

mirko

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ibrahim_K_
New Contributor I

I had the same problem about a year ago. I could not find my posting in this forum (I do not like the new format much). If my memory is still reliable, I believe Steve has recommended to me to uninstall all the old versions of Intel Fortran compiler (yes updates does not uninstall the old ones) and uninstall the Visual Studio, then install Visual Studio (2017) and install only the latest Intel Fortran Compiler.

In fact, I am so concerned about similar issues, I just posted a new message asking if it is safe to run the latest update (2020-2) and if I should uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

I. Konuk

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

There is usually no need to uninstall anything but these are complex products and when it does go wrong it is easier to start from a fresh install. 

0 Kudos
mirko_h_
Novice

Thx for your reply(s).

In the meantime I have tried to (re) run the intel-script that might do the integration into visual studio:

... \Intel\Shared Files\VS Integration\VS16\Intel Fortran\VFPackages\integrate.bat "%VS160COMNTOOLS%"

but without luck.

however, i guess I will have to un/re-install the Intel compiler.

regards

mirko

0 Kudos
mirko_h_
Novice

Hello.

some pleasant news,

after executing the script from above (in a 'Command Prompt with Intel Compiler ..'; administrator rights required) and some restarts, the initial error-message ''Incomplete installation of ..' vanished, and I was able to install the latest update from Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 (update 2).

Everything is working fine now (again).

best regards

mirko

0 Kudos