Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

problem for finding libiomp5.so

Kyriakos
Beginner

Dear users,

first of all I am a novice... I am using the intel compiler to run a physics calculation software called wien2k. Environment is ubuntu. Until now it was working fine. But I now receive this error message when running the program:

error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Yet I typed the command

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

when I was in the folder where all routines are located and before running the program, and when I type

ifort -V

in the same folder  I do obtain the information about the intel compiler version, which means that the path has been correctly specified?

If I type locate libiomp5.so I find it in multiple locations.

Any idea about what is wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kyriakos
Beginner

Dear All,

I totally shut down the workstation, I started it again and re-did everything in order after re-booting. Sounds as if it works now. I have no idea of what the problem really was, because yesterday I already tried this desesperate action...

Wien2k is operated via a web interface, and maybe I ran this interface before linking the intel compiler libraries to the right folder...

Sorry for the disturbance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kyriakos
Beginner

Dear All,

I totally shut down the workstation, I started it again and re-did everything in order after re-booting. Sounds as if it works now. I have no idea of what the problem really was, because yesterday I already tried this desesperate action...

Wien2k is operated via a web interface, and maybe I ran this interface before linking the intel compiler libraries to the right folder...

Sorry for the disturbance.

0 Kudos