Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

problem for finding libiomp5.so

Kyriakos
Beginner

Dear users,

first of all I am a novice... I am using the intel compiler to run a physics calculation software called wien2k. Environment is ubuntu. Until now it was working fine. But I now receive this error message when running the program:

error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Yet I typed the command

source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

when I was in the folder where all routines are located and before running the program, and when I type

ifort -V

in the same folder  I do obtain the information about the intel compiler version, which means that the path has been correctly specified?

If I type locate libiomp5.so I find it in multiple locations.

Any idea about what is wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kyriakos
Beginner

Dear All,

I totally shut down the workstation, I started it again and re-did everything in order after re-booting. Sounds as if it works now. I have no idea of what the problem really was, because yesterday I already tried this desesperate action...

Wien2k is operated via a web interface, and maybe I ran this interface before linking the intel compiler libraries to the right folder...

Sorry for the disturbance.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Kyriakos
Beginner

Dear All,

I totally shut down the workstation, I started it again and re-did everything in order after re-booting. Sounds as if it works now. I have no idea of what the problem really was, because yesterday I already tried this desesperate action...

Wien2k is operated via a web interface, and maybe I ran this interface before linking the intel compiler libraries to the right folder...

Sorry for the disturbance.

View solution in original post