Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28492 Discussions

"Copying dll... The system cannot find the path specified"

Stuart_M_
Beginner

I am having trouble figuring out how to resolve the following error - the output:

Generating Code...
Linking...
Creating library C:\Users\Stuart Muller\Documents\FTLOADDS\FTLOADDS Intel3.2 Test_Case v3.0\FTLOADDS\Debug\..\CallRSE_v3.4\ReactMod\Debug\ReactMod.lib and object C:\Users\Stuart Muller\Documents\FTLOADDS\FTLOADDS Intel3.2 Test_Case v3.0\FTLOADDS\Debug\..\CallRSE_v3.4\ReactMod\Debug\ReactMod.exp
XMLUtils.obj : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _xmlFree imported
Embedding manifest...
Copying dll...
The system cannot find the path specified.
0 file(s) copied.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying dll..."

I have recently added a project, which creates the .dll in question above. It was originally part of a separate solution, and I believe that the newly added project has some settings that are no longer valid in the new directory.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the specified path of the dll that the system supposedly cannot find. I have searched through all the project setting for both the new and original projects and cannot find anything that seems appropriate.

I have already had to change additional library locations to account for the project move to a new location, but I can't change the path from which the dll is copied because I can't figure out where to find it.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
Quoting - stubaan

I am having trouble figuring out how to resolve the following error - the output:

Generating Code...
Linking...
Creating library C:UsersStuart MullerDocumentsFTLOADDSFTLOADDS Intel3.2 Test_Case v3.0FTLOADDSDebug..CallRSE_v3.4ReactModDebugReactMod.lib and object C:UsersStuart MullerDocumentsFTLOADDSFTLOADDS Intel3.2 Test_Case v3.0FTLOADDSDebug..CallRSE_v3.4ReactModDebugReactMod.exp
Embedding manifest...
Copying dll...
0 file(s) copied.

I have recently added a project, which creates the .dll in question above. It was originally part of a separate solution, and I believe that the newly added project has some settings that are no longer valid in the new directory.

Can anyone tell me where I can find the specified path of the dll that the system supposedly cannot find. I have searched through all the project setting for both the new and original projects and cannot find anything that seems appropriate.

I have already had to change additional library locations to account for the project move to a new location, but I can't change the path from which the dll is copied because I can't figure out where to find it.

Thanks!

It sounds like you have a "Post Build Event"
Look under Project->Properties->BuildEvents->Post Build Event
the command line (something like "copy " would appear to be incorrect -presumablybecause the path for the filehas changed

Les

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
Quoting - stubaan

Generating Code...
Linking...
Creating library C:UsersStuart MullerDocumentsFTLOADDSFTLOADDS Intel3.2 Test_Case v3.0FTLOADDSDebug..CallRSE_v3.4ReactModDebugReactMod.lib and object C:UsersStuart MullerDocumentsFTLOADDSFTLOADDS Intel3.2 Test_Case v3.0FTLOADDSDebug..CallRSE_v3.4ReactModDebugReactMod.exp
Embedding manifest...
Copying dll...
0 file(s) copied.

Thanks!

the command line (something like "copy " would appear to be incorrect -presumablybecause the path for the filehas changed

Les
0 Kudos
Stuart_M_
Beginner
Quoting - Les Neilson

Les

Thanks Les - that is exactly what I was looking for! I couldn't find it because I didn't specifically select Post Build Event. I just checked Build Event and assumed that post build settings would appear in the general Build Event window, as they do for most of the other project settings, but they don't.

Appreciate the help :-)
0 Kudos