Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28543 Discussions

remark #10010: option '-pthread' is deprecated???

One_C_
Beginner

Hi,

I am migrating to the latest compiler version (13) and I get some warnings that I didn't get before. One of these is:

ifort: command line remark #10010: option '-pthread' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated'

I don't find the '-pthread' option in the list of options, neither do I find it in the deprecated options list http://software.intel.com/sites/products/documentation/doclib/stdxe/2013/composerxe/compiler/fortran-mac/GUID-41D11B5D-FB46-44D4-9A85-F2303AFDF3E0.htm

So what's the status of '-pthread' and if it will be deprecated which option will take over its functionallity? Or how do I get rid of the remark?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Interesting - this was never a supported option for Fortran. For Intel C++ it tells the compiler to use the pthreads library for multithread support, though I am not entirely sure what is meant by this, as typically OpenMP is used for the multithread (-parallel) support.  I suggest you simply remove the option from your Fortran builds.

I have inquiries into the developers to see why it is even triggering a deprecated message, as it's not deprecated for C++.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ok - for Fortran, use "-reentrancy threaded" as the replacement. Its history for Fortran is not the same as the current C++ option, and was removed from the compiler a VERY long time ago.

0 Kudos
One_C_
Beginner

When I use "-reentrancy threaded" it complains that "-reentrancy" is not a recognized option and file "threaded" is not found. When I use "-pthread" I get "ifort: command line remark #10010: option '-pthread' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated'" and when I type "ifort -help deprecated" it tells me to use "-reentrancy threaded". So it doesn't like any of the two.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Would you please show me the log of the terminal session showing the ifort command and the output? Also please add -V. For example, here's what I see:

[sblionel@f90srv34 ~/project]$ ifort -V -c -reentrancy threaded t.f90
Intel(R) Fortran Compiler XE for applications running on IA-32, Version 13.0.1.117 Build 20121010
Copyright (C) 1985-2012 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Intel(R) Fortran 13.0-2074

0 Kudos
Fulufhelo_M_
Beginner

Hi there,

I was trying to compile umat subroutine on Abaqus and i get the following error: "ifort: command line remark #10010: option '-w90' is deprecated and will be removed in a future release. See '-help deprecated' "

See the attched file

Do you perhaps know why?

Regards

Fulu

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Those options are obsolete. If you want standards checking against Fortran 90 or 95, use -std90 or -std95.

0 Kudos