Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28543 Discussions

slow compile times after upgrade to CVF6.6

glenatcdc
Beginner
i recently upgraded my compiler from cvf5.0 to 6.6(A) and have noticed remarkably longer compile times. is there something i can do to cut down the time? i usually compile using the df command and the %LINK_F90% environment variable.

thanks,

-g
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
How much RAM does your PC have? The only thing I can think of that would cause a noticeable slowdown is if you have insufficient RAM and Windows starts thrashing the pagefile.

Steve
0 Kudos
glenatcdc
Beginner
hi, thanks for the quick reply, i have 261,680 kb ram. could the problem be with the way i am linking to imsl? i see there are various use statements to include the imsl subroutines, i had avoided these by using the command line compile and the %LINK_F90% environment variable.

thanks, the performance is *so* slow i am considering downgrading back to v 5.0

-g
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
I doubt the linking is the problem. Where in the build stage is most of the time spent? You can see in the build tab what file is being compiled and when it is linking.

I suggest you send a description of the problem and a ZIP archive of your buildable project to us at vf-support@compaq.com - we'll take a look.

Steve
0 Kudos