Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28607 Discussions

support for Compaq's non-Windows Fortran

durisinm
Novice
The Visual Fortran team has moved from Compaq to Intel, and the Fortran forum moved with it. Will the folks supporting Compaq's other Fortran products for OpenVMS, UNIX, and Linux start a Fortran forum on Compaq's site?

The great majority of postings at the Compaq forum were for VF running on Windows, but there were some for other Compaq Fortran products. It would be nice to have a resource for them, too.

Mike
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Good question. My guess would be that they would not. I suppose that the current Compaq Fortran forum can be left open for non-CVF users, but I was the one answering those questions and I won't be following that forum in the future.

Such questions can be sent to fortran@compaq.com - they may continue to be answered on an informal basis.

Steve
0 Kudos
durisinm
Novice
Pat Mulvey of Compaq responded to my inquiry to fortran@compaq.com as follows:

"If you have bug reports you can send them to fortran@compaq.com. This notes file will be monitored and answered on a best-case basis. If you have a serious problem, you should go through the Compaq Support Channel and it will be handled via the support contract that you have.

"For Compaq CXX issues: Compaq_cxx.bugs@compaq.com

"We do not have an informal C notes file."

It's pretty much like Steve thought it would be.

Mike
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Where Pat wrote "notes file", she meant "e-mail address".

By the way, the old Compaq forum is now write-locked.

Steve
0 Kudos