Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

syntax highlight for the openMP directives

Valerio_Caleffi
Beginner

I'am starding to use openMP with Intel Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 12.1. Can I have highlighted the openMP directives in Visual Studio 2010 editor?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Great idea. I have filed it as a feature request against the compiler with engineering tracking number: DPD200176969. I will update this thread if it is implemented, denied or needs more information by engineering.

Currently the source browswer treats the openmp directives as comments.

------

Wendy

Attaching or including files in a post

0 Kudos
jsmt
Beginner
Is there atopicon this forumwith a listof all wishes for the fortran editor?Personally, Iwould like to seehighlightingsyntax errorsand autocompletion. Perhaps we could create a list here?
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
Please start a new thread if you would for fortran editor wish list. I am not aware of such a thread.
Note this feature (OpenMP highlighting) will be in our 13.0 compiler due out next year. I can add the original poster or anyone else interested to the beta list for testing purposes if they like.
0 Kudos
Valerio_Caleffi
Beginner
Yes, I'm interested to be added to the beta list. Thank you.
0 Kudos
jsmt
Beginner
Thanks, Wendy. I am not sure I have spare time to analyze this forum and start a new thread. I was wondering if you already have such thread.
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
We don't have a thread existing. Let me suggest to Steve that he start one since he is the moderator for this forum.

Wendy
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
OpenMP directives are now colored bright green with the 13.0 compiler (comments are black) so the request to differentiate them is now impemented. Wendy Doerner Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos
Valerio_Caleffi
Beginner
I appreciate the new feature. Thank you. Would it be possible to use the same color to highlight the "conditionally compile Fortran statements" (I mean, the statements following the prefix !$ )?
0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III
Wendy Doerner (Intel) wrote:

Please start a new thread if you would for fortran editor wish list. I am not aware of such a thread. Note this feature (OpenMP highlighting) will be in our 13.0 compiler due out next year. I can add the original poster or anyone else interested to the beta list for testing purposes if they like.

------

Wendy

Attaching or including
files in a post

If you do make a wish list, make it "Sticky" (sticks to the top) Jim Dempsey
0 Kudos
Wendy_Doerner__Intel
Valued Contributor I
I have created a feature request for conditional compilation to be highlighted - DPD200238909. This thread will be updated. We will not be making an editor thread so just post requests as new forum threads and discussion can happen there for features. Wendy Doerner Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos