Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

why academic teaching license can not used to link the fortran 18.0, VS2017 to abaqus6.14

liu__cen
Beginner

I try to link the Fortran 18.0 and VS2017 to abaqus, and I copy the path of files to Abaqus CAE, Command and verification properties like the method used by many people. 

"D:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvarsamd64_x86.bat"&& "D:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2018.3.210\windows\bin\ifortvars.bat" 

but when I run the Abaqus command window, it tells me the "product  cannot  be run with academic teaching license"(the information is shown below), I download the version of Fortran compiler using free student license, and the vs 2017 is also the version of "Visual Studio Community 2017", so that's the problem?

Intel(R) MPI Library 2018 Update 3 for Windows* Target Build Environment for Intel(R) 64 applications
Copyright 2007-2018 Intel Corporation.

Copyright (C) 1985-2018 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved.
Intel(R) Compiler 18.0 Update 3 (package 210)

** Visual Studio 2017 Developer Command Prompt v15.7.3
** Copyright (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation
[vcvarsall.bat] Environment initialized for: 'x64'
C:\temp>abaqus verify -user_std

Abaqus Product Install Verification...

Mon Jun 11 00:25:05 2018

Making C:\temp\verify. All verification files will reside in this directory.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Abaqus/Standard with user subroutines

...INFORMATION

Product can not be run with an academic teaching
            license. Verification procedure will be skipped.

Continuing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clean-up...

Verification directory C:\temp\verify has been deleted.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

That's an Abaqus message - you'll have to ask them.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Cen Liu: There are two licences that are relevant here -- the Intel Parallel Studio license and the Abaqus license. Both the licenses need to exist and be accessible and valid.

You can test the validity of the first of these two licenses by opening the Abaqus command window (or an Ifort command window, from the Start Menu), and compiling a short Fortran source file into an .exe. If you then attempt to run an Abaqus example, and receive the error message regarding a license, you can conclude that the problem is with the Abaqus license, as Steve Lionel pointed out.

0 Kudos