Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Advanced Profiling Mode Missing

PhillipH
Beginner

I have been using GPA for some time, and wanted to access the Advanced Profile Mode to analyse some frames, but this option has not been available for me. I've installed the latest version, but the icon to use Advanced Profile Mode is not visible in my Graphics Frame Analyzer window.

Heres my system info - maybe there is something that is not supported ? (My record and playback devices are the same).

API: DirectX 11.0
Resolution: 1920x1080
Capture GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (0x1C82)
Playback GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Capture System Information
Operating System:
    Name: Windows 10 Version 2009 (OS Build 19045.2604)
    Locale: en-GB
    Windows Developer Mode is enabled

CPU Information:
    Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Architecture: x64
    Cores count: 4

GPU Information:
    Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    Vendor id: 0x10DE
    Product id: 0x1C82
    Stepping: 161
    Driver Version: 31.0.15.1694
    Driver Date: 7-21-2022

Graphics Performance Analyzers:
    Version: 22.2.1654744802

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pamela_H_Intel

Phillip - something went wonky. I checked my queue yesterday and it was empty. Now this post is a month old. Sorry for the delay.

Hotspot Mode won't be available on non-Intel hardware . . .

So, before you open the frame, in Graphics Frame Analyzer, you need to select an Intel GPU (even if you did the capture on your NVIDIA discrete card - do analysis on your iGPU - otherwise you won't see all the hardware counter info).

Top left of Graphics Frame Analyzer, you should see a GPU listed. Click on it to see the list of all possible GPUs on your platform. Select your iGPU. Open the frame. Then you should see Advanced Profiling Mode (Hotspot Mode).

Pamela

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Pamela_H_Intel

Phillip - something went wonky. I checked my queue yesterday and it was empty. Now this post is a month old. Sorry for the delay.

Hotspot Mode won't be available on non-Intel hardware . . .

So, before you open the frame, in Graphics Frame Analyzer, you need to select an Intel GPU (even if you did the capture on your NVIDIA discrete card - do analysis on your iGPU - otherwise you won't see all the hardware counter info).

Top left of Graphics Frame Analyzer, you should see a GPU listed. Click on it to see the list of all possible GPUs on your platform. Select your iGPU. Open the frame. Then you should see Advanced Profiling Mode (Hotspot Mode).

Pamela

0 Kudos