Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

GPA Frame Analyzer fails with 3DMark benchmark

jngee5
Beginner

Hello,

I have been very impressed by GPA's robust set of features and performance analysis capabilities. GPA has become my favorite tool for looking at 3D graphics applications and performance issues.

One issue that I encountered recently is that the GPA frame analyzer fails to load captures made from 3DMark 'Firestrike' and 'Skydiver' benchmarks.  These are DX11 benchmarks that have been around for some time.   GPA appears to capture the frame without an issue ( either in Stream or Frame capture mode ), the error occurs when trying to analyze the frame.

I am seeing the error on a Dell XPS 9310 device that has an Intel i5-1135G7 chipset ( Intel Iris Xe Graphics (0x9A49) GPU ). 

Has anyone else encountered this issue, or any suggested work-arounds?   Thanks for any help!   GPA_Error.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

jngee5,

I am glad you like Intel GPA.

Unfortunately, that message can be caused by a few very different issues. We are always working on capturing the info that will help us differentiate our error messages.

Please check:

• is your graphics driver updated?
  • do you have a discrete GPU? If you do, and it's not an Intel dGPU, usually you can capture with the discrete GPU, but when you play it back, you need to use the Intel integrated GPU. To do this, open Graphics Frame Analyzer but don't open the frame yet. If you mouse over the GPU name in the upper left corner the tool tip states "choose target system" (see image - lousy res, but you get the idea?).

ListGPUs.png

The if you click in that area the list of GPUs will be displayed (see image - I only have an iGPU on this machine). Choose your Xe GPU.

ChooseGPU.JPG

If this troubleshooting doesn't help,

• Give me the info from the 'i' button on the upper right of Graphics Monitor.
  • Also, if you could share your stream with me I will see if I can troubleshoot further.

Pamela

0 Kudos
jngee5
Beginner

Hi Pamela,

Thanks very much for your reply.  I had updated the Intel graphics drivers and do not have a discrete GPU, just the Intel Iris Xe Graphics (0x9A49) GPU.  

Updating to the latest version of GPA seems to have solved this problem.  I am able to capture frames and open them in the frame analyzer now. 

Thanks much for the great tool and support!

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Wonderful. Have a great week!

0 Kudos