Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas

Unable to Run Samples or My Application

Michael_S_3
Beginner

I installed the analyzer and attempted to run my project through it.

The project is a havok vision game and it boots up when I click run, but immediately stops working. Clicking the exe directly runs it fine.

I then tried to run the included City Racer and gpassample.exe through the tool and neither open up.

The exe's themselves will run fine directly but selecting run through the tool the mouse cursor goes to a brief loading animation like it's doing something but then nothing happens. The application never launches.

I've restarted my PC and reinstalled the tool to no avail.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michael_S_3
Beginner

I installed the legacy tool and it worked fine. Dunno.

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hello,

Thanks for the information, and sorry that you are encountering this issue.

First of all, is it possible for you to let me know a bit more about your configurations? In particular, it would be helpful if you could right-click the Intel GPA Monitor in the notification tray and copy the "About..." information here. It would help to get info for both the configuration that failed and the one that worked.

Next, do you have the latest BIOS and graphics drivers for your system installed? And do you know if your system has secure boot (aka "trusted boot") enabled?

Also, when you used the GPA Monitor, did you use "analyze application" or "system analyzer"? Depending upon which one you used, did the other one work?

Regards,

Neal

0 Kudos
Neal_Pierman
Valued Contributor I

Hi,

One other thing... Do you have a "hybrid" system with multiple graphics devices? If so, please disable one of them before running the Intel GPA tools.

Regards

Neal

0 Kudos