Intel® Graphics Performance Analyzers (Intel® GPA)
Improve your game's performance by quickly specifying problem areas
488 Discussions

Unable to use Graphics Frame Analyzer wih Intel Iris Plus Graphics on Microsoft Surface Pro 7

GENTS
Novice

I tried to use latest version of GPA on my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 and it seems that Graphics Frame Analyzer doesn't work anymore.

I received 100% an internal error whenever I try to open a recorded frame (latest Vulkan SDK and runtime installed and latest graphics drivers updated today)

I was definitely able to use it last year, but something has changed lately and now I'm unable to use it anymore - but it was super precious to analyze my shaders performances

0 Kudos
34 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

GENTS, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

In order for us to provide the most accurate assistance on this matter, we just wanted to confirm a few details about your system:

Is this a new computer?

When did you purchase it?

By any chance do you know when the issue started?

Did you make any recent hardware/software changes that might cause this problem?

Which Windows* version are you using?

Does the problem happen at home or in the work environment?

Please attach the SSU report so we can verify further details about the components in your platform, check all the options in the report including the one that says "3rd party software logs":

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
GENTS
Novice

Hello and thanks for the reply,

attaching the SSU report that should have all info needed actually.

I was using previous version last year, but I don't have exact date unfortunately

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello GENTS, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the SSU document, the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 27.20.100.9621.

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on Microsoft's website and they actually have a driver package that contains all the drivers needed for your device, including the graphics driver. Please install that driver package and then test the Intel® Graphics Frame Analyzer to see if now works properly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=100419

If the issue persists after that, even though the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, for testing purposes, you can try a clean installation of Intel® graphics driver version 31.0.101.3222, which is our latest:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

We also recommend to get in contact directly with Microsoft support to check with them that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your device, or if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
GENTS
Novice

I was finally able today to give a try to your suggestions!

Going back to Microsoft's suggested version of the driver didn't gave expected results actually

I've also disabled Secure Boot option (that seems to conflict with Graphics Monitor to auto-detect launched applications),

but even this didn't work to fix the issue.

I'll try - just as curiosity and testing purposes - to install latest drivers that you linked - to see if anything change, otherwise I'll go back to RenderDoc only

0 Kudos
EliasAnthony
Beginner

@Alberto_R_Intel wrote:

Hello GENTS, You are very welcome, thank you very much for providing that information and the SSU report.

According to the SSU document, the graphics driver version currently installed on your computer is 27.20.100.9621.

We always recommend to install the graphics driver provided by the manufacturer of the computer, since that driver was customized by them to work with your specific platform.

I looked on Microsoft's website and they actually have a driver package that contains all the drivers needed for your device, including the graphics driver. Please install that driver package and then test the Intel® Graphics Frame Analyzer to see if now works properly.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=100419

If the issue persists after that, even though the Intel® graphics drivers are generic, for testing purposes, you can try a clean installation of Intel® graphics driver version 31.0.101.3222, which is our latest:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?

We also recommend to get in contact directly with Microsoft support to check with them that the latest BIOS version is currently installed on your device, or if necessary, to gather the instructions on how to update it:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us

Regards,

Albert R.

Nicely explained each and everything, really helpful for all especially for me as I am struggling on google and other search engines to find the solution to resolve the same problems faced GENTS

0 Kudos
GENTS
Novice

Unfortunately it still doesn't work even with all latest updates (Windows11 22H2 and  Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics 30.0.101.1191)

And I'm still unable to debug my gpu program and shaders performances then

0 Kudos
GENTS
Novice

Or even with  Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics 27.20.100.9621

or newer Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics 31.0.101.2111

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello GENTS, I just wanted to check if the information posted previously was useful for you and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello GENTS, Thank you very much for sharing those updates.

We are sorry to hear that the problem remains after trying the troubleshooting steps provided previously.

Perfect, go ahead, take your time to test the latest drivers we provided and once you get the chance please let us know the results so, if necessary, we can further assist you on this matter.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
AndrewG_Intel

Hello GENTS

We are checking this thread and we would like to know if you were able to test with the latest generic driver, version 31.0.101.3222. If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

0 Kudos
GENTS
Novice

Hello,

Yes I was able to try with latest generic drivers, but again with no luck and same results

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello GENTS, Thank you very much for providing those details.

We will continue with our research on this scenario, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello GENTS, Thank you very much for providing those details.

We will continue with our research on this scenario, as soon as I get any updates I will post all the details on this thread.

Regards,

Albert R.

0 Kudos
Alberto_R_Intel

Hello GENTS, I received an update on this matter.

I just transferred this thread to the proper department for additional support on this matter. They will further assist you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

GENTS
Novice
Lovely, tnx a lot!
0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

GENTS - are you able to use Graphics Frame Analyzer now? If not, try capturing a stream. Then open a frame from the stream. Tell me if this works.

0 Kudos
GENTS
Novice

Unluckily trying to Start with Stream (VK) results in an app freeze and then crash\close with no message\log

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Gents,

So, for clarification ... Graphics Frame Analyzer works with other applications, but not when you attempt to open a frame or stream from your VK application? Have you tried opening a frame or stream from last year on your Surface Pro? If so, and it works, then maybe there is some VK command you've used that we haven't implemented. We discovered that this can cause issues and are working to circumvent such occurrences.

We test extensively on Gen 12. Is that what your Surface Pro platform has?

Pamela

0 Kudos
GENTS
Novice

Love to hear that you're investigating it!
Here are my specs:

GENTS_0-1669891546639.png

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Actually, could you open your "System Information" and tell me the Processor? Like . . .

Processor           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2304 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

It's usually the 2 digits after the i7- or in your case i5- . . . mine is a 10th Gen.

That gives me an idea of what your iGPU capabilities are.

0 Kudos