Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.

Intel® Software Development Emulator, Release 5.38

MarkC_Intel

Hello, we just released version 5.38  of the Intel Software Development Emulator. It is available here:http://www.intel.com/software/sde

It  includes: 

• better support for OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion) using code signing.
  • improved support for the Restricted Transactional Memory (RTM) instructions
  • support for debugger integration with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
  • a few minor bug fixes.

The release notes are here.

It supports the Haswell New Instructions described in revision 14 of the AVX programmers manual:http://www.intel.com/software/avx

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tom_w_
Beginner

vey informative post...thanks..;)

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...vey informative post...thanks..;) Tom, I see that you've just started and please be more specific regarding Intel technologies. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Mark, I wonder if Release Notes of SDE could be updated with a list of all supported OSs? Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
MarkC_Intel

Hi, we test on Windows XP through Windows 7, various versions of linux and Apple OS X 10.6-10.8 are supported. Did you have a question about a specific operating system? 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi, >>Hi, we test on Windows XP through Windows 7, various versions of linux and Apple OS X 10.6-10.8 are supported. Did you >>have a question about a specific operating system? Thanks. I had a question: I wonder if Release Notes of SDE could be updated with a list of all supported OSs? It could simply avoid all the rest questions. Also, I wanted to know if SDE is supported on Windows XP Professional and Home Editions ( SP3 ) and you've answered that it is supported. Anyway, I think Release Notes should have a list of supported OSs at the beginning, instead of scattered all over the text.
0 Kudos