Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
Announcements
Intel Customer Support will be observing the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, Jan. 17, and will return on Tues. Jan. 18.
For the latest information on Intel’s response to the Log4j/Log4Shell vulnerability, please see Intel-SA-00646
1052 Discussions

Intel® Software Development Emulator, Release 5.38

MarkC_Intel

Hello, we just released version 5.38  of the Intel Software Development Emulator. It is available here:http://www.intel.com/software/sde

It  includes: 

• better support for OS X (Snow Leopard and Lion) using code signing.
  • improved support for the Restricted Transactional Memory (RTM) instructions
  • support for debugger integration with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
  • a few minor bug fixes.

The release notes are here.

It supports the Haswell New Instructions described in revision 14 of the AVX programmers manual:http://www.intel.com/software/avx

0 Kudos
5 Replies
tom_w_
Beginner

vey informative post...thanks..;)

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...vey informative post...thanks..;) Tom, I see that you've just started and please be more specific regarding Intel technologies. Thanks in advance.
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Mark, I wonder if Release Notes of SDE could be updated with a list of all supported OSs? Thanks in advance.
MarkC_Intel

Hi, we test on Windows XP through Windows 7, various versions of linux and Apple OS X 10.6-10.8 are supported. Did you have a question about a specific operating system? 

SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi, >>Hi, we test on Windows XP through Windows 7, various versions of linux and Apple OS X 10.6-10.8 are supported. Did you >>have a question about a specific operating system? Thanks. I had a question: I wonder if Release Notes of SDE could be updated with a list of all supported OSs? It could simply avoid all the rest questions. Also, I wanted to know if SDE is supported on Windows XP Professional and Home Editions ( SP3 ) and you've answered that it is supported. Anyway, I think Release Notes should have a list of supported OSs at the beginning, instead of scattered all over the text.