Intel® ISA Extensions
Use hardware-based isolation and memory encryption to provide more code protection in your solutions.
1093 Discussions

PIN Failure to initialize DLL file python27.dll

Albert_g_
Beginner

Hi.

I have a PIN tool that uses Python. the problem I'm having is that there is an error when PIN try to load it.

I have read something regarding PIN not loading external libraries anymore. Is that correct? Will I need to use LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress to have it working? Is there any way to avoid it? (There are tons of functions used so It will be very painful)

I'm using the latest VC12 verision:

E: Failure to open DLL file C:\Users\default.WIN-18AK2O7UHSG\Downloads\pin-2.14-
71313-msvc12-windows\GDI32.dll
E:       System error 2 : The system cannot find the file specified.
E: Failure to initialize DLL C:\Users\default.WIN-18AK2O7UHSG\Downloads\pin-2.14
-71313-msvc12-windows\USER32.dll
E:       See preceding message to find out the reasonE: Failure to initialize DL
L C:\Users\default.WIN-18AK2O7UHSG\Downloads\pin-2.14-71313-msvc12-windows\pytho
n27.dll
E:       See preceding message to find out the reasonE: Failure to initialize DL
L C:\Users\default.WIN-18AK2O7UHSG\Downloads\pin-2.14-71313-msvc12-windows\pinto
ol.dll

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barak_N_Intel
Employee

Hi Albert,

Pin looks for the Pin tool's dependent DLLs only in the same path where the Pin tool resides (I.e. doesn't support the PATH based lookup).

python27.dll depends on (at least) GDI32.dll and USER32.dll from the "\Windows\System32" folder.

Try copy these DLLs to the same folder as your Pin tool (i.e.: C:\Users\default.WIN-18AK2O7UHSG\Downloads\pin-2.14-71313-msvc12-windows) and run again.

Thanks,

Barak.

0 Kudos
Albert_g_
Beginner

Barak N. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Albert,

Pin looks for the Pin tool's dependent DLLs only in the same path where the Pin tool resides (I.e. doesn't support the PATH based lookup).

python27.dll depends on (at least) GDI32.dll and USER32.dll from the "\Windows\System32" folder.

Try copy these DLLs to the same folder as your Pin tool (i.e.: C:\Users\default.WIN-18AK2O7UHSG\Downloads\pin-2.14-71313-msvc12-windows) and run again.

Thanks,

Barak.

Hi Barak,

You are right. There are a bunch of DLLs that are loaded. Is there a way to tell PIN to search for them in the path so I don't have to copy all of them to pin's folder?

Regards

0 Kudos
Ben_C_1
Beginner

Hi,

I copy the required dlls into the folder Pin tool resides, but get below error message from windows, any suggestions?

"The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occured because the DLL Dynamically Allocated Memory occupied an address range reversed for Windows system DLLs. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL. "

The OS is Windows XP SP3 32

Thanks 

Ben

0 Kudos