Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Audio_codec_con sample.

mhand75
Beginner
I am using IPP 5.1. Is there a location where I could download the audio_codec_con sample from?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mhand75
Beginner

Or is there a sample that uses the MP3 Audio Coding functions described in the Signal Processing manual. I have been looking at the MP3 encoder and decoder that is part of the UMC and it does not appear to use these functions? Is this the case?
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Please download IPP sample package, after unzip you will find media codecs samples in ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs folder

Vladimir
0 Kudos
mhand75
Beginner
Please download IPP sample package, after unzip you will find media codecs samples in ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs folder

Vladimir

Thanks Vladimir.

I have been looking through the sample codecs. What I am trying to figure out is why the MP3 codec for example does not use the MP3 Audio Coding Functions? When I was looking at the MP3 decoder project I was expecting to see calls to UnpackFrameHeader_MP3, HuffmanDecode_MP3, etc. It looks like the UMC is a complete separate implementation.

0 Kudos
olloman
Beginner
Quoting - mhand75

Thanks Vladimir.

I have been looking through the sample codecs. What I am trying to figure out is why the MP3 codec for example does not use the MP3 Audio Coding Functions? When I was looking at the MP3 decoder project I was expecting to see calls to UnpackFrameHeader_MP3, HuffmanDecode_MP3, etc. It looks like the UMC is a complete separate implementation.

Same problem with me. Greetings from the neigbour thread:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=65580

Regards Helmut
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Please findcommentprovided in neighbor thread :)

Vladimir
0 Kudos