Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Audio_codec_con sample.

mhand75
Beginner
I am using IPP 5.1. Is there a location where I could download the audio_codec_con sample from?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mhand75
Beginner

Or is there a sample that uses the MP3 Audio Coding functions described in the Signal Processing manual. I have been looking at the MP3 encoder and decoder that is part of the UMC and it does not appear to use these functions? Is this the case?
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Please download IPP sample package, after unzip you will find media codecs samples in ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs folder

Vladimir
mhand75
Beginner
Please download IPP sample package, after unzip you will find media codecs samples in ipp-samplesaudio-video-codecs folder

Vladimir

Thanks Vladimir.

I have been looking through the sample codecs. What I am trying to figure out is why the MP3 codec for example does not use the MP3 Audio Coding Functions? When I was looking at the MP3 decoder project I was expecting to see calls to UnpackFrameHeader_MP3, HuffmanDecode_MP3, etc. It looks like the UMC is a complete separate implementation.

olloman
Beginner
Quoting - mhand75

Thanks Vladimir.

I have been looking through the sample codecs. What I am trying to figure out is why the MP3 codec for example does not use the MP3 Audio Coding Functions? When I was looking at the MP3 decoder project I was expecting to see calls to UnpackFrameHeader_MP3, HuffmanDecode_MP3, etc. It looks like the UMC is a complete separate implementation.

Same problem with me. Greetings from the neigbour thread:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=65580

Regards Helmut
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Please findcommentprovided in neighbor thread :)

Vladimir