Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

CPU-specific function

bilal_mujeeb
Beginner
Hi,
thanx for the previous reply, i hope the problem related to file inclusion is solved.

How can i define a MACRO in my source code so that it wii detect my "PX" type CPU and dont give me error messeges

/home/bmujeeb/Project/testipp/src/ippmerged.c:71:4: error: #error Are not defined the CPUs, following are allowed: PX, A6, W7, T7

Also where should I use the InitStatic() function. I read the ippmerged.c file, i got the idea that this function is related to detection of CPU so i can be used in macros's but HOW....

Regards
Bilal
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Hi Bital,

Did you take a look at MergedLib sample, which is distributed with IPP? You can find it in IPP/tools/mergedlib folder. Regarding sample's readme.htm file

10. Also when compiling your application, define macros PX, A6, W7, and/or T7 to include CPU-specific functions.

You can define these macro in compiler command line in your Makefile, like -DPX -DA6 and so on

Regards,
Vladimir

Message Edited by vdudnik on 04-12-2006 09:46 PM

0 Kudos
bilal_mujeeb
Beginner
when i make a single cpp and makefile files and define the macros while compiling. Everything works but when i make a project in kdevelop and define the cpp flags as -DW7 and -Dlinux32 even then it shows error that undefined reference to w7_ippsCopy and w7_ippsMalloc. Also i have included the header related to w7 type processor (in the tools/staticlib folder) but doesnt make any difference.
The html help of ipp related to static libs and CPU related issues is so bad that people dont understand anything.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

You can find additional answers on Technical Support page, available from IPP main page.

Vladimir

0 Kudos