Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Can't install IPP on Mac OS X

natanelics_ucla_edu
I recently downloaded the latest updates for my Intel products for Mac and I am having problems installing them. I am running on Mac OS X 10.6.4. The intel C++ and Fortran compilers, which are distributed with an mpkg install fine. However all other products, which come with an Install.app application fail to run: IPP, MKL, TBB. When I run the installer I see a dead Welcome screen window that does not let me do anything other than closing it. Attached is a screen shot:

I did manage to install MKL successfully about 6 months ago, but I think that was when I was still running Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Can it be an incompatibility with latest point release of Snow Leopard?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hello ~

Could you please tell what exact the package name (each of them,c,fortran, IPP,MKL, TBB)you are using? and could you check if there are ipp, mkl and tbb folder under the compiler install directory, for example, /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/088/Frameworks/?

I asked it because the Intel IPP and Intel MKLfor Macwere intergated to Intel Compiler Professional for a while.We no longer provide standalone IPP/MKL for Mac package. Andthe installer in earily IPP/MKL standalone package maynotwork with the Mac OS 10.6.4, so if you haveIntel Compiler professional installed withour problem, the IPP or MKL will be resided by default.
Please See the details in the KB:

1. How can I download the Intel IPP and Intel MKL for Mac OS* X?

2. Which version of Intel IPP, Intel MKL and Intel TBB is installed by the Intel Compiler Professional Edition?

Regards,
Yign

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ying_H_Intel
Employee
Hello ~

Could you please tell what exact the package name (each of them,c,fortran, IPP,MKL, TBB)you are using? and could you check if there are ipp, mkl and tbb folder under the compiler install directory, for example, /opt/intel/Compiler/11.1/088/Frameworks/?

I asked it because the Intel IPP and Intel MKLfor Macwere intergated to Intel Compiler Professional for a while.We no longer provide standalone IPP/MKL for Mac package. Andthe installer in earily IPP/MKL standalone package maynotwork with the Mac OS 10.6.4, so if you haveIntel Compiler professional installed withour problem, the IPP or MKL will be resided by default.
Please See the details in the KB:

1. How can I download the Intel IPP and Intel MKL for Mac OS* X?

2. Which version of Intel IPP, Intel MKL and Intel TBB is installed by the Intel Compiler Professional Edition?

Regards,
Yign
0 Kudos
natanelics_ucla_edu
Yes, I did verify now that installing the Intel Compiler also updated all the other frameworks. However, the individual packages are still available on my download page and it is definitely not clear that the compiler package now includes the other libraries as well.
Thank you for your response!
0 Kudos