Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

Can the IPP perform the function?

crazyhadoop
Beginner
Hi~ Now I want to grab the picture then get the bmp in the memory encoded by IPP-h.264. If this will be realized by the IPP? I wish it can encode the data in frame level . But I have not got the clue how to operate the IPP in the frame level. Can you give me some tips?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

Could you provide some more details on the problem? Do you want to encode some data, or decode the data, Also what does the "operate the IPP in the frame level" mean?

The UMC sample for Codec provide GetFrame() interfaces? It provides output of each video frame.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
crazyhadoop
Beginner

Hello,

Could you provide some more details on the problem? Do you want to encode some data, or decode the data, Also what does the "operate the IPP in the frame level" mean?

The UMC sample for Codec provide GetFrame() interfaces? It provides output of each video frame.

Thanks,
Chao

Ok, Now I want to capture nearly 30 pictures/sec in a pc, then encode one after one by h.264,and transfer the encoded stream to another pc and decoded. Now the data in buffer I get is rgb formats.I may convert them into YUV. I want to make sure if I can get every picture encoded by IPP-h.264. I just make one picture as a frame in YUV
0 Kudos
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi,

You can look at the UMC H.264 encoding/decoding sample code. The following article may help you to get started:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-ipp-unified-media-classes-sample/

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos
crazyhadoop
Beginner

Hi,

You can look at the UMC H.264 encoding/decoding sample code. The following article may help you to get started:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/getting-started-with-intel-ipp-unified-media-classes-sample/

Thanks,

Chao

Okthank you , I will have a deep exploration.
0 Kudos