Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Deliberate problems developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.

EM64T build issue

summa1234
Beginner
Hi All,
I have been trying to benchmark the Intel IPPs performance on a Nocona processor with Windows XP 64. I have successfully been able to use perfsys for the above.
1) Now I would like to benchmark my application. Whenever I try to build my application by using the include and lib files from the EM64T directory I keep getting link error (For e.g "IPO Error: unresolved : _ippsGetLibVersion@0"). I have tried building the code on the machine that has Windows XP 64 and also on a machine that Windows 2000, but in vain.

Has someone else come across the same issue? If so could you please let me know how to resolve the issue.

2) Also if I use the Win64 folder in ia32_itanium I get a dll error saying there was some error during the waterfall procedure.

Am I missing something here? Please comment.
Thanks for all your help.
Rgds,
~SA~
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Hi,
1) You need to use compiler which supports EM64T to build code for that platform. Which compiler did you use?
2) win64 folder in IPP for ia32&itanium contains itanium libraries (note, it is not compatible with EM64T)
You can be interested to getmore details about EM64T technology, for example here
Regards,
Vladimir
0 Kudos
summa1234
Beginner
Hi Vladimir,
I just used the standard compiler that comes with Visual Studio 6.0 to build the code. I suppose I should be using the Intel IPP compilers. I have downloaded those and will give it a shot.

Rgds,
-SA-
0 Kudos
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee
Yes, to be able to build application for EM64T platform youshould use the latest SDK from Microsoft and latest compiler from Intel (v8.1)
Regards,
Vladimir

Message Edited by vdudnik on 02-18-2005 02:02 AM

0 Kudos