Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Firewire with DeinterlaceEdgeDetect

juriman
Beginner
Hello,
I have as source a firewire cam and I want a deinterlaced (edge detect) live stream.
As input a get a YUY2 buffer (Y0 U0 Y1 V0) with the size of 829440 bytes (720 * 576 * 2).
The output buffer has to be 768 * 576, so the ROI is 720 * 576.

When i use the ippiDeinterlaceEdgeDetect_8u_C1R function, the colors are wrong. I think its because of the input have to be RGB(?).
So I want to convert the input with ippiYUV422ToRGB_8u_C2C3R, then use the deinterlacing function and then re-convert.

Here is my Code (Delphi):
[delphi]// Get pointer
pSrc := PIpp8u(pDataI); // 720 * 576
pDst := PIpp8u(pDataO) // 768 * 576
// GetMem pTemp1 := ippiMalloc_8u_C3(720, 576, @tempStep1 ); pTemp1 := ippiMalloc_8u_C3(720, 576, @tempStep2 ); // Convert YUY2 -> RGB
roiSize.height:=576; roiSize.width:=720; ippiYUV422ToRGB_8u_C2C3R(pSrc,720*2,pTemp1,tempStep1,roiSize); // Deinterlace
roiSize.width:=720*3; res:=ippiDeinterlaceEdgeDetect_8u_C1R(pTemp1,tempStep1, pTemp2,tempStep2, roiSize,1, 1); // Convert RGB -> YUY2
roiSize.width:=720; ippiRGBToYUV422_8u_C3C2R(pTemp2,tempStep2,pDst,768*2,roiSize); // FreeMem
ippiFree(pTemp1); ippiFree(pTemp2);[/delphi]
The program crashes in the deinterlacing function: access voilation at adress 0x....
I'm quite sure there is something wrong with the rio size or/and the steps. Its a little bit confusing for me.

Can anyone see the failure???
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Please note that C1 in the name of IPP function mean single channel image. This function work on one color plane (for example Y plane). You need to split your image to planesbefore call this function for each plane.

Vladimir

View solution in original post

3 Replies
juriman
Beginner
Oh, I have a Copy&Paste failure in line 7. No It runs.
But the color are wrong.

Attachments:
1.jpg: how it is now
2.jpg: how i has to be

//Edit
I have replaced the deinterlacing funnction with the copy funktion
ippiCopy_8u_C1R(pTemp1, tempStep1, pTemp2, tempStep2, roiSize);
and now the colors are right.

So the new question is:
What color format need ippiDeinterlaceEdgeDetect_8u_C1R?
Vladimir_Dudnik
Employee

Please note that C1 in the name of IPP function mean single channel image. This function work on one color plane (for example Y plane). You need to split your image to planesbefore call this function for each plane.

Vladimir

View solution in original post

juriman
Beginner

It works. Thank you!
I tought it doesn't matter, because the other deinterlacing functions worked without splitting.