Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
Community support and discussions relating to developing high-performance vision, signal, security, and storage applications.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

GMM Adjustment

Serg_S_
Beginner

Hello friends. Could you provide correct parameters for Gaussian Mixture  (ippiForegroundGaussianInitAlloc parameters).  I'm going to use it in indoor place with constant illumination. I have already tried to use GMM with extensive diapason of parameters, but it works unsatisfactorily. For example: Shadows aren't detected, therefore foreground is fail.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Do you mean input arguments for the ippiForegroundGaussianInitAlloc function? If Yes, then: ... // Arguments: // pSrc Source image // srcStep Step in source image // roiSize Source image ROI size. // pModel Pointer to the structure of the gaussian model. // pState Pointer to the pointer to the segmentation state structure. ... IPPAPI( IppStatus, ippiForegroundGaussianInitAlloc_8u_C1R, ( const Ipp8u* pSrc, int srcStep, IppiSize roiSize, IppFGGaussianModel* pModel, IppFGGaussianState_8u_C1R** pState) ) IPPAPI( IppStatus, ippiForegroundGaussianInitAlloc_8u_C3R, ( const Ipp8u* pSrc, int srcStep, IppiSize roiSize, IppFGGaussianModel* pModel, IppFGGaussianState_8u_C3R** pState) ) ... Or, Do you mean parameters to initialize a Gaussian Model ( IppFGGaussianModel )? >>... I have already tried to use GMM with extensive diapason of parameters, but it works unsatisfactorily. For example: >>Shadows aren't detected, therefore foreground is fail. Please provide more technical details. Thanks in advance.
Serg_S_
Beginner

Hello Sergey. Yes, I mean values of variables in IppFGGaussianModel. Such as priorBack and others, excluding numGauss.  I suppose, that I set  wrong values. I need a template for comparison. Can you show me good values (good profile) for correct work of GMM?

Great Thanks.